Monday, July 25, 2005

The Pens Win the Lottery...

Is there nothing that Mario Lemieux can't accomplish in Pittsburgh?

The man who single-handedly saved the franchise on at least two different occassions, once as an 18 year old draft choice and once when he acquired the team as owner, has used his uncanny streak of good luck to bring home the NHL equivalent to Powerball lottery... Sidney Crosby.

Granted I don't follow Canadian Junior League hockey but from everything I've read and heard, Crosby maybe a younger, less injured version of the "man" in Pittsburgh himself, Mario. As someone who regards Lemieux as the greatest athlete in Pittsburgh history I say, "Let's hope so." Crosby's been refered to the NHL's Lebron James and every team in the league salivated over the prospect of drafting him.

But only one team, through the saving grace of Super Mario himself, was able to land him.

Scratch my back with a hacksaw! Super Mario scores again!

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

The Pens finally get a break after backruptcy, injury, gutting the team and losing ever decent free agent they've had since Mario.

I couldn't be more excited.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Phil Plasma said...

I'm hoping with the cap that Pittsburgh as well as all of the other teams have a finer balance of players. Crosbie as a rookie has a very limited salary, but imagine next year or two years from now if he's still there, commanding 50% of the salary base, how many other good players will you have?

I'm glad for you, I'm also glad my team got 5th draw (better than 20th!).

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home