Wednesday, August 24, 2005

June Bug Coffin's Quick Slants...

  • I read where Charlie Weis is already hyping Notre Dame's game versus Washington (and former head coach Ty Willingham) at the end of September, calling it the "Ty Bowl". Many are admiring the new coach's approach to not "downplaying" what will be a very publicized match-up. I say he's smart for hyping the easiest game on the Irish's schedule. Washington was abyssmal last season and it doesn't matter what kind of speech old Ty gives them before the game, the Huskies will be out manned. Plus, prior to Washington, ND will face Pitt, Michigan, & Michigan State... UW will be a breather in comparison.
  • There has been a lot of local media hype and hand-ringing by the fans due to PSU's recent string of bad luck this offseason. Is it just me or are Nittany Lion fans already bracing themselves for a train-wreck season? Call me a "happy jack" if you will but I don't see any loss here as that significant or any suspension that substantial that it will make any impact in the season's outcome.
  • Regarding the loss of PSU wide receiver Mark Rubin for the season to an ankle injury... if he was such a key cog to the Lions, where was he last year? I say less Rubin means more catches for freshman phenom Derrick Williams.
  • Whatever happened to... Abdullah the Butcher?
  • I hope Pirates rookie sensation Zach Duke isn't getting too comfortable with his surroundings in Pittsburgh... I'll bet dollars to donuts he'll be gone before the all-star break next summer.
  • Best reality show on TV, bar none... Dog the Bounty Hunter
  • Rumor has it that regional (ACC & SEC) college football network, JP Sports, has teamed up with Brooks & Dunn to produce a "Hank Williams-MNF" type opening for their games while ESPN has tapped Big & Rich for the opener of College Gameday. Coincedentally, the two country music duos are on tour together right now with Big & Rich opening up for Brooks & Dunn... so if you're keeping score at home that's ESPN=opening act, JP Sports=main event.
  • When is Adult Swim going to put together some new episodes of Aqua Teen Hunger Force? My DVR is getting sick of same 5 episodes over and over.
  • It seems like there are a million "Trading Spaces" style home improvement shows on. You'd think I could sucker just one of them into renevating my backyard.
  • Who are these people that use blogs as a way of documenting their every daily activity? Have they never heard of a diary?
  • Last Best Thing I Purchased From Costco... Package of 15, Quarter Pound Turkey Burgers - $9.99
  • VH1's 40 Most Awesomely Bad Metal Songs... Ever chose Europe's Final Countdown as #1. As someone who grew up playing air guitar to that album, I take offense.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really thought I was the only person that watched Dog The Bounty Hunter. It is one of the more entertaining shows out there from the opening music to the Big picture of W in the office I can't get enough. Isn't it amazing that every criminal seems to know who the Dog is.. He is a celebrity in the criminal underworld.

10:53 PM  
Blogger The Commish said...

Did you see the episode where Leyland beats the guy up in the hotel parking lot... now that's great TV!

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have seen a lot of them. They are even bringing in Dog's daughter. I was so excited when she was involved in her first bounty. She does have bad teeth.
Dog's wife is scary. Her upper fortitudes go up to her neck.

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home