Monday, August 08, 2005

My New Favorite Comic Strip is 'Ziggy'...


The Pens keep stock-piling the talent and look to easily become the team most improved by the new NHL CBA. This past weekend the Penguin's acquired All-Star winger Ziggy Palffy and add to a roster chock-full of high scoring talent. Let's recap shall we...

  • Pens won the Crosby lottery and select the phenom #1 overall
  • Pens sign offensive, defenseman Sergei Gonchar
  • Pens add 40+ goals per season in Ziggy Palffy
  • The greatest EVER, #66 is well rested and ready for one more Stanley Cup push
  • The Reckin' Ball, Mark Recchi returns to help fill up the net
  • Phenom #2, Malkin should be on a plane from Russia very soon
  • Returning leading goal scorer Ryan Malone... check
  • Perennial under-achiever but super-talented Milan Kraft... check

Are there enough pucks to go around in Pittsburgh?

I can't speak for the rest of NHL fans but speaking as a Penguins fan here's what I can't wait to see this season...

  • I can't wait see Mario dish to Sidney (across 2-lines without a penalty, mind you) in the open ice for a break-away goal.
  • I can't wait to see Andre Roy give Matthew Barnaby a nice knuckle sandwich.
  • I can't wait to see the Recchi-Lemieux-Crosby-Palffy-Gonchar power play.
  • I can't wait to see the first overtime shootout where #66 buries the game winner.
  • I can't wait to see the headline, "Pens beat Philly, 10-5".
  • I can't wait hear Mike Lang's first "Scratch my back with a hacksaw."
  • I can't wait to see the Pens in the playoffs... again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Two time all star Sean Burke added to goal and lets not forget goalie of the future Marc Andre Flury.

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home