Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Week One of the College Football Season "Quick Slants"...

  • For some reason I feel humbled by Boise State's utter defeat to Georgia this weekend. I had predicted a Bronco upset but I guess the critics were right... Boise wasn't ready to play with the big boys.
  • Am I the only Penn State fan who wishes they would ditch the shotgun for the old school I-formation? I think Tony Hunt/Austin Scott could really do some damage if they got the ball a little more regularly behind a fullback.
  • ND's offense looked scary-good. What I wouldn't give to see those offensive lineman in blue & white.
  • The "O" in Oklahoma stands for "Overrated"
  • The Myron Cope "Jag Off" of the Week Award ... Texas Longhorns beating up on La-Lafayette. As if its not bad enough that half the team's family was washed out in the hurricane, Mack Brown felt the need to run it up on the Ragin' Cajuns. As always... classy move Mack.
  • Hines & the Steelers finally came to terms on an extension. For Steeler fans everywhere I breath a sigh of relief and say, "Thank you."
  • Derrick Williams certainly lived up to the hype in his debut. What was most impressive to me was his down field blocking and all around veteran-like performance.
  • Jun Bug Coffin's Hastily Put Together Top Five List...
    1. Teams with 3-letter abbreviations (TCU, UAB, etc.) - Now if only we can get SMU to come around...
    2. Charlie Weis's offense - Simple, smart playaction passes and great run blocking.
    3. DJ Shockley & Georgia - I'm sorry I ever doubted you.
    4. Penn State's defense - As good as advertised.
    5. Vanderdilt Commodores - First season opening victory in 8 years. Kudos to you VU!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Commish said...

Touche.

I hope the Horns have similar success this weekend in Columbus.

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PSU has got to ditch the Mike Robinson experiment or go to the wishbone. If they think he can be a drop back passer they are crazy. They need to decide one way or the other. IMHO Anthony Morelli should be the starter.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home