Friday, September 09, 2005

Mike Meyers & Kanye West to drop a remix album...


I'm sure most everyone has seen or heard about the Kanye West tirade on MSNBC. If you have not seen the video you can check it out here. It's one of the most ironically funny things I've seen in a long time. The funniest part is watching Mike "Shrek" Meyers squirm as Kanye goes into an incoherent babbling on the state of affairs after Hurrican Katrina.

Kanye... my man... next time... use some index cards.

You gotta give credit to Mike Meyers though. He stood strong during Kanye's nonsensical rant and tried to bring it back to the script on the teleprompter. You just know every bone in his body was telling him to "exit stage left". God knows what he was thinking when Kanye dropped the old "George Bush doesn't care about black people" on live TV. He couldn't get out of that studio quick enough. Even Chris Tucker , who they cut to next, seemed disoriented by the whole ordeal.

I got to be honest. I'm a Kanye West fan. I like his music and I think he's got real talent. I just hate it when musicians that I like (i.e. Bruce Springsteen, the Dixie Chicks) feel the need to open their mouths and spout off about politics. It's just completely unnecessary. Kanye West's opinion has no more bearing on the situation than mine. He knows nothing about President Bush, other than what he sees on TV. But because he's a celebrity he feels the need to spew his nonsense when given a live TV venue. I'm quite sure thats not what the organizers of the event had in mind when they asked him to appear. They wanted as many famous people as they could to get to go on TV and ask America to donate to the Red Cross. Instead we get more gobbledy-gook from a celebrity who wants to use his 5-minutes in front of the camera to tell everybody what HE thinks. Bravo Kanye. We're all very impressed. Next time, save it for side B of your album.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home